Saturday, February 12, 2011

Framed Critter

Since I figured out how to punch all the way around a square with just a border punch and no corner punch, I had to do it again, this time using the Clearly Inspired Challenge sketch CIC22, the same stamps, but a different border punch. I even opted to drag out some new dp, instead of using more of my scrap pile.

I had never done a tutorial, I gave that a try too, when I finished my first card using the border punch surround and same stamp set with a different sketch……I like to call it my redneck frame tutorial that you can view here.

For this card, since I already knew the mouse from the CDS set Get Well Critters would fit, I went ahead and used it again. First I went through some unused dp looking for what I wanted to use, and found this, it’s from a DCWV Summer Dream matstack, and I think it looks great together (am I prejudiced or what?). The mouse was stamped on white with onyx black versafine, colored with prismacolored pencils, the band-aid also had some bling added with a Sakura clear glitter pen,  then it was cut out with a square punch. The next layer is a scrap of the dp cut to fit, backed with a plain purple piece, cut to fit. The frame started out being a 3”x3” square, then punched with a ms border punch. I could never explain how to do this in writing, so I have a redneck frame tutorial with pictures located here. Behind the frame is a piece of ribbon with the sentiment from same  stamp set, stamped with versamark and embossed with detail white ep on a piece of plain purple cut out with a cuttlebug slider die. Then you have the dp layers, the lighter of the two is layered onto white, the darker layered on the same blue as the frame. The base card is white. I had the card altogether, and was taking pictures of it, when I realized I didn’t have the three items in the bottom left corner, so I added three white pearls. Here is a close-up of the frame.

Thanks for stopping by, and I’d love to hear your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments brighten my day.