Thursday, April 21, 2011

Shaped Sympathy

Today’s card is not for any contests. I decided to work on some sympathy cards. I guess you could say that is a challenge on it’s own.

I have been wanting to make a shaped card with my Nesties Labels eight die, so this was the day to try it out. I cut a piece of black cardstock, so that I could fold it in half and the die would fit on it, I placed the die just above the fold, and cut the two layers at once. The next layer of white was cut and embossed with the next size smaller die. Before removing the die, I stamped the SU background stamp French Script with onyx black Versafine, and ran a black metallic pen around the inside of the die. The next layer is just a piece of black cut with a Nestie oval. The top layer of white  was stamped with a stamp from the CDS set called Words of Sympathy. The black ribbon was wrapped around a bow easy for four loops on each side, then tied off with a black mini brad stuck through the center and through the two oval layers.

Thanks for stopping by and I’d love to hear your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments brighten my day.