Sunday, April 17, 2011

Spoonful Hopper



This card will be entered in the House Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge #93.

I thought the cute little HMHH stamp Spoonful of Sugar would be cute. The image was stamped on white card stock with onyx black Versafine, colored with Prismacolored pencils & goo gone, then cut out. The jelly beans were colored first with metallic gel pens and a waterbrush, but then I colored over them with different colored SoufflĂ©’ pens. I used a black glaze pen on the eyes, and a silver metallic pen for the spoon. The cut out image was popped with foam dots. The next layer is purple, the image was stamped first, and some of it colored in, then it was cut and embossed with a Nestie circle die. I paper pierced around the inside of the embossing. The next layer is white cut and embossed with a Nestie scalloped circle, each scallop was paper pierced once. The next layer is from my scrap pile (Making Memories Meg Paisley), with a darker purple layer under it. The next layer also from my scrap pile (Making Memories Meg Argyle) has a white layer behind it, and then I repeat the Paisley layer with a white layer and the darker purple for a base card. I added two different colored brads on three of the layers, and I almost forgot I used the Tim Holtz distress tool on the base card and the white layer under the argyle dp. I used an old sketch from SCS SC304
I also intentionally left off the sentiment, as my Easter cards are already done, and I don’t have enough of this paper to make the amount of cards I send out. It may be a silly rule, but for multiple cards I mail, I make them all the same, that way if somebody has something to say about it, I don’t have to worry which one they are talking about.

Thanks for looking, and I love reading your comments.

6 comments:

  1. What a cute stamp, he is sure having his fill of jelly beans! Beautiful coloring and papers, love all your purples. Thanks for joining the fun at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous HM Easter creation love the lilac colours cute image thanks for sharing with us at HM & friends Monday chall..

    smiles Christine xx

    ps. your other entry has been deleted as it was a back dated post dated March 8th..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Judy :-) the image is adorable and the colours and papers you used are perfect ,, great layout too :-)

    thanks for joining us on the HM&F Monday Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful papers, adorable HM image. Thanks so much you for joining us at House-Mouse & Friends MC. Sure hope to see you playing along again next time! :)
    America

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! Love that image and the patterned papers! Thanks for joining us at The House Mouse and Friends Challenge!
    Julia-Guest Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great House Mouse card Judy! Thanks for joining two times! Sue K

    ReplyDelete

Comments brighten my day.