Friday, April 15, 2011

Deer Whisperer

Today’s card is another entry for challenge #2 at the Creative Clear Stamps Blog to use ribbon, you still have a little time to play along. Hopefully you have checked out their blog, you may win prizes with the Bunny Hop Game (link on right) and a blog hop on 4/16.

For this card I chose the Creative Clear Stamps set Redneck. This set and the Gone Hunting sets are right up my alley!

You might be a redneck if…....no bows were added to my entries because the only bows I associate with hunting are compound, recurve & crossbow.Smile

I chose an old SCS sketch SC255 and changed it up a tad. The colors in the picture are a little off, the base card is a bright orange, the next layer is a dark brown, it came out of my scrap pile  and had been embossed with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots ef, it turned out to be the same size as the dp, but I liked how it showed off the punched corners on the dp. The polka dot dp was punched on each corner with a MS corner punch, I don’t know the name. I used the same solid bright orange for the layer beneath the plaid dp, and used a corner rounder punch on the plaid dp. Both pieces of dp are from a DCWV Fall Stack. The ribbon is also plaid and wrapped around the bottom four layers. The next layer is dark brown just cut to size for the top layer and also punched with a corner rounder punch. The top layer was cut to size, punched with a MS border punch and stamped with Onyx Black Versafine. I attached these two layers over the ribbon and placed four orange brads on each corner.

Thanks for stopping by and I really do love reading your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments brighten my day.