Friday, April 1, 2011

Twinkle Toes

Today’s card is for the House Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge #92.

I chose the House Mouse stamp called Twinkle Toes Amanda for my main image.  I had fun doing the pastel embossing technique yesterday, so I thought I’d give it another whirl. This isn’t really  the pastel embossing technique, because I forgot you are supposed to use a solid image, I tried embossing on black, with a different image but there was too much open space, so I switched to this image stamped on two different pieces of white cardstock with jet black Stazon, used the blender pen with my SU Stampin Pastels and colored in the images. I added some pink Pebbles Pearlescent Chalk from the Shimmer collection on the tutu of the image that was cut out. So my top layer is a cut-out image of Amanda popped up with foam dots on a layer of white, also stamped and colored with chalk cut and embossed with Mega Nesties curved rectangles, a pink Gelly Roll Stardust pen was used on the inside of the die before removing. Next layer is brown cut & embossed with the next size Nestie, with a white gel pen run around the inside of the die before removing. My next layer is some dp I picked out after I colored the mouse, which was no big deal, I just looked for something with pink and brown. I ran across this piece from a DCWV 8x8 Extreme Paper Stack. The hard part was matching the solid colors to the dp. Since pink is my least favorite color, I really had to dig to find something that matched. The dp reminded me of the Cuttlebug embossing folder Bloom Dots, so I decided what the heck, I embossed the dp using the Bloom Dots folder. Under the dp is a brown layer same as the brown Nestie layer, The base card is white. For the sketch I needed to add two something's on opposite corners, I took it a littler further by adding photo corners on each corner, I used the SU photo corner punch, and made the bigger ones pink the smaller ones out of the dp, then added three brads to each corner matching the yellowish color in the dp. I have to look hard at this card to see the other colors that are in the dp, when I just glance at it I just see the dark brown and lots of pink. I added the white & brown Nestie layers, so I could figure out placement for my flowers. I used the SU Mat pack template to place the flowers outside the brown layer. For flowers, I went to my stash, mostly purple, yellow, red & white. I did have a little jar of pink ones, but they weren’t the right color, so I grabbed two jars of white. My flower collection consists of artificial flowers,  that I bought and ripped apart, anybody would think I had a Adams Family thing going, but I threw the stems away, just kept the blossoms to use on cards. Each flower has three layers plus a brad. I used white flowers and colored them with Victorian Velvet Distress ink. The center petal was inked the most to make it darker and is actually put on upside down, it makes it curl inward. The second petal is probably hard to see, it wasn’t inked as much, and for the outside petal I tried to just run the ink around the outside edges, but it doesn’t look white anymore. The card looked like it needed something else, so I came up with the Darice adhesive backed ribbon from my stash, I was able to lift the sides of the brown Nestie layer enough to place a piece under on each side and wrap around to the back of the big brown piece. Now I’m ready to add the layers to the base card, I run my ATG tape all the way around and was getting ready to put it in place, when I realized…….DAH you haven’t added the sentiment!! Now what? I can’t lay it down the tape will stick, I added the stupid flowers, which cut off room for a Spellbinders label. So I fell back on my SU Teeny Tiny Wishes set again…….it’s great for small spaces. The Victorian Velvet didn’t show up good enough to suit me on the pink, so I stamped the sentiment with Walnut Stain Distress ink, and punched with the SU word window punch. It looked lost, so I tried the SU small oval punch on a scrap piece of paper, it not only fit in the space, but the punched out sentiment fit on it perfectly, so I punched a piece of matching brown, attached the pink sentiment, punched two holes for brown brads. I decided to pop up the sentiment, so I went ahead and placed the taped layers onto the base card, and popped the sentiment with foam dots.

Thanks for stopping by, I’d love to hear your comments.


  1. Fabulous! That Prima Ballerina is darling and the background paper is wonderful with her pink tutu! Thanks for joining the fun at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge this time. Great take on the sketch.


  2. What an adorable card with such a CUTE HM&F image. great job on the techniques. Thanks so much for joining us this week at House-Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge Blog! Hope to see your lovely work again next time! :)

  3. Hi ya
    fabulous card,fab colour work, great papers, thank you for joining us at House Mouse & Friends this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

  4. awww... look at this little cutie! Darling card. Thanks for playing in the House Mouse and Friends Blog Challenge.

  5. Awww...twinkle toes! Such a darling card! Thanks for sharing with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge time two! Sue K


Comments brighten my day.