Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Mushrooms Up!

Today’s card isn’t for any challenges, it’s just something I was goofing around with.

I had the Hero Arts stamp set Woodland Creatures, and it had never seen ink, so I inked up two of the stamps. I used an old SCS sketch #SC29 and came up with this card. The sentiment was stamped with chipped sapphire distress ink on a beige color, then punched with a circle punch. The next layer is the same dark blue as the base card and was punched with a scallop circle punch. The next layer is plaid ribbon, I snatched from my Mother’s stash.
The next layer is the same beige as the sentiment, stamped using one of the mushroom stamps from the set in vintage photo distress ink. I used a corner rounder punch on the corners.

This is my first year looking for Morel mushrooms, I have been traipsing through the woods just about every day the past couple of weeks looking for them. Yesterday was opening day of turkey season here, you can only hunt until noon. So with no turkey luck, my DH and I started combing the woods for mushrooms. I have never seen any, only pictures, my DH has seen them, but I found the first one (Yeah!!). I found two, called my DH over and he found two more, here is a picture of our find (my two is on the right, the bigger ones).

Thanks for looking and I’d love to hear your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments brighten my day.