Saturday, April 9, 2011

Redneck Marriage

Today’s card is for the 2nd challenge (ribbon themed) at the Creative Clear Stamps Blog.

I chose to use the Creative Clear Stamp set Redneck. I looked up some past sketches at SCS and came up with SC30. The sentiment We interrupt this marriage was stamped with Walnut Stain Distress Ink on a rust colored solid paper, trimmed to size, and punched with a MS corner punch on the ends to give it a fancy tag look, it was layered onto solid green trimmed up and a corner rounder punch used on the corners. Two copper brads were placed in the holes left from the corner punch on each end. The sentiment to bring you Deer season was also stamped with Walnut Stain Distress ink on rust colored solid paper, with the corners rounded, and a piece of solid green cut for the layer.  I placed a rifle brad above the sentiment and a deer brad below. The deer ribbon is wrapped around the background layers. The plaid background dp is from a DCWV Fall stack, layered on the same solid green as used for layering the sentiments. The base card is the same solid rust color as the sentiments were stamped on.
There was this great idea in my little pea brain, but it just didn’t turn out as well as I had hoped it would. I guess I’ll just have to try again. I’m thinking, I should have reversed the ribbon and sentiments, as the ribbon looks offset, I chose the ribbon mainly for the deer.

Thanks for stopping by, and I really do love reading your comments.

1 comment:

  1. Judy - I love your card! I love the entire Redneck stamp set...great job on the challenge! Using the ribbon without bows...

    Thanks for joining us at Creative Clear Challenge #2

    ReplyDelete

Comments brighten my day.