Sunday, May 22, 2011

Dirt Rides

I have combined two challenges for today’s card, the first being a challenge at Speedy TV, the second is a sketch challenge from CPS

I already had another card made for week 56 at Speedy TV, which is tone on  tone with the main image popped to post today, but when I saw the new sketch challenge #219 at CPS, I switched off and made a new card. It’s funny, but my other card has just about the same layout as the sketch challenge, and I hadn’t even looked to see what the CPS challenge was. I will probably post it tomorrow.

I have been playing around with the Acrylic Distress Technique, by trying out different colors, I just love it, as you can probably tell.  Acrylic Distress is done by running your cardstock through an embossing folder, painting it with acrylic paint, after it dries sand the high spots, wipe off the dust and sponge a distress ink over the painted areas, then wipe with a damp cloth. The distress ink will not stick to the acrylic paint. If you missed some spots, or would like the raised spots to be darker, just repeat the steps.

For today’s card I chose the CDS set Dirt Rides. The 4 wheeler was stamped onto white cardstock using Versamark and heat embossing with detail black ep. Next it was colored with Prismacolored pencils and Goo Gone, afterwards I went over all of the green with a water brush dipped in perfect pearls to give it a shimmery look. It was then cut out, stickles added to the headlights and laid aside to dry.

The next two layers of white cardstock, were cut and embossed, one with a Nestie Oval die, the other with a Nestie Scalloped Oval die. A sentiment from the same stamp set was stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with detail black ep on the plain oval. The scalloped oval was sponged with Peeled Paint Distress Ink (my favorite color in the Distress line).

I used a white ribbon over a strip of white sponged with Peeled Paint behind the ovals. The ribbon wraps around the behind the next plain white layer.

Now we come to the Acrylic Distress. I chose a Cuttlebug frame embossing folder from the Heritage Collection, embossed with white cardstock, and trimmed off the outside for a different look. The acrylic paint is an Adirondack Dabber in Pearl, sponged with non other than Peeled Paint.

The white layer behind is just cut to size, with a corner rounder punch used on the corners. The base card is a green cardstock that matches the Peeled Paint.

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit, please feel free to leave a comment, they make my day.

Happy Stamping!
judy

7 comments:

  1. Judy--this is so cute!!! You did a great job for the challenge! Thanks for playing along with us at Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Judy....great card! Can't wait to see your other card now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great encouragement card - thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card!! Fab design and thanks for playing along with CPS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! This is AWESOME!! GREAT choice of papers and your coloring ROCKS!!



    Enjoy LIfe!
    Jacquie/Javablustamper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great boy card!! Great job with the CPS sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun guy card! Thanks for sharing it with us at Speedy's Friends. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments brighten my day.