Monday, May 30, 2011

Owl Season

I hope you are enjoying your Memorial Day.

This is another card I slapped together before leaving for non-stamping land. Sadly for me it is the last card I have to show until I can return to my stamps.

The image was a pre-stamped  and colored piece I had done for another card and wound up not using. The image is from a MFT set called Owls of the Season by Stephanie Fizer. The owls, and limb stamped with Onyx Black Versafine, the leaves stamped with Peeled Paint Distress Ink. The owls were colored with Prismacolored pencils. The image was then cut out with a Nestie circle die, and before the die was removed sponged with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink. The next layer of yellow was cut with a Nestie scalloped circle die, each scallop pierced.

The sentiment is from a CDS set called Thoughtful Notes, stamped with Onyx Black Versafine on a piece of yellow cut with a Quick Kutz Label die.

The background is using pieces of scrap paper, something I saw on a video by Gina K at Stamp TV.  I cut my scrap pieces to size, layered onto a piece of yellow cut to size. Cross-stitched between the two alternating dp papers, and a zig-zag stitch around the edge, all of it done by hand. I have given up on my sewing machine, it would have taken me two to three times longer to sew on this card using it. The base card is a light turquoise blue.

Thanks for stopping by, and I love getting comments.

Happy Stamping!
judy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments brighten my day.