Thursday, May 26, 2011

Gnome Friend

Today’s card isn’t for any challenges, it just one of the cards I threw together before returning to non-stamping land.

Yes, it’s another acrylic distress card, this time I used the Cuttlebug Textile folder with an Adirondack Acrylic Dabber in Gold with Walnut Stain Distress Ink. I do love this technique, and I’m still trying new colors together. I even did snowflakes with a Silver Dabber and Dusty Concord Distress……but don’t be distressed, I didn’t make anything with it yet.

Since I was pressed for time, I didn’t want to stamp & color, so I looked through some pre-stamped colored images and found this one. The image is from a SU set called Knobbly Gnomes. I don’t remember what ink I used to stamp it with, but I can tell you it was stamped on watercolor paper and colored with Twinkling H2o’s.

I cut the image out and picked out some cardstock to finish the card. The layer behind the image (lt. brown) was cut and embossed with a Nestie Label Four die. The next layer cut with a Nestie Scalloped Oval (dk. brown), a piece of grosgrain ribbon runs behind the top three layers, and wraps behind the next two layers. Next is the acrylic distress layer, backed with a dark brown layer, and the base card is the same lt. brown as the sentiment layer and the Labels Four layer.

The sentiment is from the same stamp set, stamped with Walnut Stain Distress Ink. Since the sentiment is so long, it didn’t fit on anything I had punch wise. So I tried using an EK Success punch Journal Plate, cutting a piece of paper to size, and running it up through the bottom to snip off the edge.  Then layered it onto a piece of dk. brown cut to size and the corner snipped with a corner rounder punch.

Thanks for stopping by, and I really enjoy getting comments.

Happy Stamping!
judy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments brighten my day.