I finished another card for the Use It Tuesday Sketch Challenge and I can also enter it at the Spotted Canary for the green challenge. This is one of those ideas I jotted down so I wouldn’t forget it.
For today’s card the main image is from a SU set called Nature’s Wonders. I bought this set used, but have never used it myself. I had a hard time figuring out how to use it…..stamp in a color, stamp with Versamark & emboss, color with chalks, watercolor, Pearl Ex…….you know what I mean? First I tried it with Shabby Shutter distress ink it was too light. So I decided to use Versamark on white and emboss with detail black ep, then I colored it with metallic gel pens and a waterbrush, and for some extra bling I added a clear glitter gel pen, sponged the Shabby Shutter distress ink over the black, which really only shows around the edges that I didn’t trim off. The eyes kind of got lost in coloring them and I wanted them to stand out, so I used a black glaze pen on them, then decided to use black stickles to make them glittery, laid it to the side to dry, thought of something grabbed it up and stuck my finger in the wet stickles, oh well it’s a lopsided eyed bug! The next layer is an orangish color, I used a Plaid Essentials Paper Tearing Ruler that I just had to have probably 5-6 years ago and don’t think I have ever even had it out of the plastic it came in. The next layer is dp from DCWV The Café Mediterranean matstack (I have used both of the dp’s before on this card), punched with a McGill punch for the ribbon to run through it. Next is the green layer cut and embossed with a Spellbinders Piercerabilities 5 ½” Fancy Scalloped Border, (never used) then pierced the holes before removing the die, the embossing was sponged with Peeled Paint Distress ink. The background dp is from a DCWV Fall Stack, layered on the same green with a light green base card. The dragonfly brads I ran across yesterday, while looking for something else in my brad & eyelet stash, I’ve never used them, don’t even know where I got them. The sentiment is from a CDS set called Thoughtful Notes, it had never seen ink. I tried something new (to me….sometimes I think I live under a rock) on a SU demonstrator’s page (don’t remember where) she was showing how to make an extended tag with a different punch, so I tried it with the SU Word Window punch, and it worked!!! You just cut your paper to the right width, and instead of running the paper through the punch the right way, you push the paper in through the bottom and clip off the end. So I trimmed up my piece of paper, punched one end, then stamped the sentiment in Onyx Black Versafine, then stuck the other end through the bottom of the punch and punched the other end. Many of the sentiments are too long for this punch, now they won’t be.
Here is a close-up of the stamped dragonfly.
Thanks for stopping by, I’d love to hear your comments.