Thursday, March 3, 2011

Bug Me

Today’s card is another entry for this week’s sketch challenge at Stamp TV.

It’s nothing special. When I finally sat down to work on it, I went brain dead. So I got my trusty notebook out with the copies of all my stamps and paged through it. I picked out a SU set, but kept looking, and spotted the Inkadinkado Patterned Bugs set, then when I turned a few pages the sentiment (Bug me anytime) from the CDS set Cute Quips jumped out at me. I thought about the dp I had used on another card recently and a card was born.

The picture does not show the colors correctly, no matter how I tried editing. The bug images were stamped on a light beige with Versamark, embossed with Joann Craft Essentials Pastel Pink and Ranger Evergreen ep, then run through the Cuttlebug with a stitched square ef, the stitches sponged with spiced marmalade distress ink, then layered onto a light blue punched square. The sentiment was stamped with Onyx Black Versafine, and the rest is the same as the other squares. The dp is from a DCWV Spring Stack, layered on the same light blue as the squares, then I stitched around the whole piece with the sewing machine. Cut a thin light blue strip, with the dp as a layer, put it in place and stitched all the way around it, then attached a strip of black ribbon, and placed the squares on top. The base card is orange.

I didn’t manage to get anything done yesterday, as we were off visiting. Today, for most of the day, I have been splitting, hauling and stacking firewood. My neighbor is moving, and wanted us to take the wood he had down at his house, I borrowed his log splitter this time, instead of splitting by hand. I got it all split, and hauled a good bit up and stacked it. It’s no wonder I went brain dead, I’m kind of tired. I might not be able to move tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by, I’d love to hear your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments brighten my day.