Thursday, March 31, 2011

Farmyard For You

Yesterday while trying to avoid climbing on a little stepladder, I looked in a box of previously stamped items and came up with the Neighborhood jumbo wheel image that I used, I also found a Farmyard jumbo wheel image ready to go. So I used it for this card also an entry for the Stamping 411 sketch challenge #196 (oops too late this challenge has ended), but my main object was to get a card done for the Use It Tuesday Challenge #4 to use the color red in honor of Japan, a donation to the Japanese Red Cross Society will be made based on how many participants. April 1st is the deadline.

For today’s card I used the SU Farmyard jumbo wheel image I had already stamped and colored. It has been done for a while, I just never used it, I believe it was stamped with jet black Stazon, because the black looks black unlike the SU black when you stamp it. It was definitely colored with Prismacolored pencils, I even went over it again yesterday with Goo Gone to try and blend it better. I added yellow Stickles to the sun. Originally picked a whole different red checked ribbon, since I needed red for the Use It Tuesday challenge, so I picked out some red cardstock to try and match the ribbon and the background paper. My background dp is actually a piece of vinyl wall paper, from a wallpaper sample book. I thought it looked countryish (is that really a word, I don’t think so, but you know what I mean.) I used a Tim Holtz distressing tool and distressed the edges of the wallpaper, and also distressed the two edges of the darker red layered directly under the image. By the time I had my image layered the original ribbon I had picked out was too wide, between the image and the ribbon most of the wallpaper was covered so that you couldn’t see the design, so I checked my ribbon stash which has grown considerably since I raided some from my Mother, and came up with this narrower ribbon – still red checked. Instead of placing three plain old brads, I opted for the red hearts….they match the wallpaper hearts. The sentiment is from SU’s Teeny Tiny Wishes, stamped with Versamark, embossed with detail white ep, then punched with a SU word window punch. There would have been a lot of empty space on the punched out sentiment, so I punched the sentiment closer to the left side, then after it was punched, placed it back in the punch through the bottom and cropped off what I didn’t want. After the card was put together, polar white Flowersoft was added to the clouds.
Thanks for stopping by and I’d love to hear your comments.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! First off, welcome back! ;) Secondly, the detail on this is amazing! You know what, I have that matching stamp set...never seen ink. LOL Love the Flower soft!

    Thanks Judy for playing with us again! I will PM you back by tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute!! I have that wheel!

    ReplyDelete

Comments brighten my day.