Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Farm Slides

Here is a card for this week’s sketch challenge at Stamp TV.

For my three squares I cut and embossed black cardstock with one of the Spellbinders Slide Mounts dies, and then I needed images to fit in the little areas. I finally settled on images from the GKD set Funny Farm, stamped the images on white cardstock, colored with prismacolored pencils and goo gone, went over the smiles and the sentiment with a glitter gel pen, then punched them out and attached to the slide mounts. The dp is from a DCWV Fall Stack, I cut the strip of polka dots off of the same paper, and sewed it on, attached the slide mounts and attached the layers to a cream colored base card. I also ran a sanding block over the raised areas of the slide mounts. This card turned out ok, I’m thinking I have made better, but then a lot of times I think that, and everybody else loves it.  

With the weather warming up, I will soon have to return to my other house L which means no stamping until I can get back down here. We have an outdoor furnace for heat, and I have been staying here keeping the fire going, and of course stamping. We’ve had a couple of beautiful warm days, I was outside cutting and stacking firewood for next year. I even managed to get some split with a wedge and sledge hammer, my wood splitter is up at the other house.

Hope you enjoyed your visit, thanks for stopping by, I would love to hear your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments brighten my day.