Sunday, March 6, 2011

G&R Anniversary

My DH asked me to make a card for his cousin’s 50th anniversary. I don’t know his cousin very well, so I let him pick out what he wanted. His sense of humor is that sympathy cards should be sent for anniversaries. I brought down my notebook with a copy of all of my stamps in it for him to go through, of course that didn’t take long, he didn’t even go through the whole book. He spotted a couple of sentiments he liked, picked out a couple images and gave up. This is what I came up with from those choices.

For the front of the card he picked the sentiment from the SU set Elegant Greetings, so I stamped it in versamark and used detail gold ep, cut and embossed with a nestie circle, then ran a gold ink pen around the inside before removing the die. For the next layer, I used a piece of my hoarded gold paper and cut a nestie scalloped circle, then paper pierced each scallop. For the next layer I cut a strip of the gold and covered it with a piece of lace. The white background was run through the Cuttlebug with the Textile ef, it was then layered on another piece of gold and placed on a white card base.

This is the inside for his sense of humor. He picked out a sentiment from the SU set It’s Your Birthday and the old couple that came as an unmounted set of stamps called Age Humor Plate from The Stampin Place. Since the sentiment (on left) was too big to have it and the old couple on one side I cut a square and used a MS punch around the page set, stamped the sentiment with onyx black versafine and sponged the edges with antique linen distress ink, and placed on the left of the inside. On the right side I stamped the old couple on white, colored with SU markers, prismacolored pencils & goo gone. Stamped Happy Anniversary and With Sympathy from the SU set Teeny Tiny Wishes with versamark on gold paper and embossed with detail white ep, then punched out with a SU word window punch. The 50 was punched with a number punch set by Amada. Years is an alphabet set by MS Sans Serif, stamped with versamark and embossed with detail gold ep. The white piece was then layered onto another gold piece and place on the inside right of the card.

I was hoping for a very elegant look on the front, instead it’s rather blah looking, Now when I look at it, some black paper should have been layered in there also to make it stand out. At least the inside isn’t so blah.

Thanks for stopping by, would love to hear your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments brighten my day.