Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Spring Has Sprung

I finally got around to making a challenge card for the sketch challenge at Use It Tuesday. The title is a little misleading as it snowed here today. The past two days were spent working on the fronts of my Easter cards, I thought I was all finished with the front and my DH tells me to make one more. I worked on it a little bit today, but had some ideas for this challenge rolling around in my pea brain, so I took a break from the Easter cards and did a challenge card instead. I jotted down some of my other ideas, at least I won’t forget what they were…....that is unless I throw the paper away.

For today’s card the main image is from a SU set called Flower for All Seasons, stamped with Jet Black Stazon on white cardstock, colored with a combination of prismacolored pencils & goo gone, metallic gel pens and a waterbrush, sprayed with hairspray, then cut out with Nesties Labels Three. Before the Nestie was removed I ran a metallic gel pen around the inside of the die. The blue layer directly under the image was punched with a square punch, then a corner rounder punch. The next layer is green cut out with (the next size bigger than the image size) Nesties Labels Three die and the metallic pen run around the inside before the die was removed. The next layer was a piece I had laying around that I hadn’t used on something else, punched with a MS punch around the page set, and was originally white, it was sponged with Wild Honey Distress Ink. The orangish-yellow w/white polka dot ribbon was run across the dp, the bow was added afterwards, I added the blue brad to help hold it together. The bird dp is from a Nana’s Nursery Baby Boy stack, I saw this card on SCS, yesterday that used the same image with a different dp w/birds that made me think of this paper. The next layer is the same blue as used before cut wide enough to border the dp and had room to use the MS Bird Border punch. The next layer is another piece from the Nana’s Nursery Baby Boy Stack, with the same blue basecard. I used a MS Bird punch for my three birds on the top right. The sentiment is from a CDS set called Spring Trimmings, stamped in Peeled Paint Distress and punched with a SU Word Window punch.

I don’t think I have ever made a card using this image stamp, I know I have never used the bird border punch or the sentiment. I hope I get to make more cards with the ideas I jotted down. Since this card is springy I can also enter it at SCS for the Spotted Canary Spring challenge.

Thanks for stopping by and I’d love to hear your comments.

3 comments:

  1. WOW! So pretty. Love the birds & your punched panel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love those birds!! They look amazing up there flying into the sentiment! Fabulous idea! Great layers and colors as well!

    Don't throw that paper away!! :)

    Thanks again for playing with us at Use It Tuesday, Judy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even if it's snowing this beautiful card would certainly warm the air. great job with all the layers.

    ReplyDelete

Comments brighten my day.