Monday, March 7, 2011

Little Birdie

Today’s card is just that….a card, it's not for any challenges, and I didn't use a sketch to make it. I have been working all day on my Easter cards and they are not together yet, had to wait for the stickles and crystal lacquer to dry, I have already managed to stick my fingers in the wet stuff a couple times. So I threw this card together instead.

I used a bird image from an Inkadinkado set called Birds Galore, stamped with Versamark, embossed with Guacamole ep from Stamp On Inn, cut out and embossed with a Nesties rectangle die. Before the die was removed, I made a mask for the bird and stippled tumbled glass distress ink all over the white. Next I cut the scalloped rectangle out of a blue semi-matching the tumbled glass color. The white X piece was cut with a cuttlebug die that I have had for a while and don’t know the name of. The dp is from My Minds Eye Photo Mat Blue mat stack, layered on white with the same blue base card. The sentiment is from a CDS set called Cute Quips, stamped in peeled paint distress ink on white and punched with a circle punch, for the blue layer a different size circle punch was used. I used a SU photo corner punch for the two white corners and added silver brads. I used a clear glitter pen for the eye and flowers on the bird.

Thanks for looking, and I’d love to hear your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments brighten my day.