Today’s card is for the sketch challenge over at CPS, and since April showers bring May flowers, I’ll submit this one to the Spotted Canary Spring Challenge over at SCS.
For this card I chose a retired SU set And Everything Nice, just because I ran across the dp with the umbrellas & rain. I thought it would be fun to paper piece this image. The image was stamped three times with Versamark and embossed with detail black ep. Once on the red checked dp, once on yellow, and once on white. First I had everything matching in red checked, but that was too much, so I changed her to a yellow raincoat, boots and hat, almost felt like I was playing with paper dolls. The umbrella was left in red checked dp because it matched the red checked umbrellas in the background dp. The red checked dp is from the DCWV Flower Shower Spring Stack Mat Stack. Stormy Sky distress ink was stippled around the image, SU markers used to color parts of the hat, umbrella handle, pockets, buttons, duck bill, ducks feet and soles of the boots. A prismacolored pencil was used to fill in the water puddle, afterwards colored the rain drops and puddle with a clear glitter gel pen. The image was then cut out and embossed with a Nesties Label Two die, but I decided to trim off the embossed part, as the next size die would have covered up too much of the background dp. The yellow layer behind the image was cut with the same size die as the image. Next I added a yellow ribbon over a strip of the red checked dp, which is sewn onto the background dp. I keep trying with the sewing machine, some day I won’t have this ongoing battle with it, to keep the darn thing threaded. Right in the middle of sewing the thread breaks, or the needle comes unthreaded before I even get started, and I don't think I could sew a straight line if I tried.. I used black thread and straight stitches to add the red checked dp. The background dp is from the DCWV Flower Shower Spring Stack, and even though I just about covered them up with stitching, the four red checked umbrellas still show. First I did a straight stitch across top and bottom of the background dp to the red layer behind it, then I added a zig zag stitch on the edges, the base card is yellow.
Unless I get a card done tomorrow, it may be the last one I can work on for a while. We had company this weekend, which was great, but took me away from my toys. I’m hoping to get some work done outside tomorrow, Tuesday we will be heading out for a visit with my DH’s aunt it’s like a three hour drive one way, and Wednesday we will be heading back to the other house. L
Thanks for stopping by, I’d love to hear your comments.