Friday, May 13, 2011

Reward for Dog

Today’s card was made with two of the stamps I won at a Rubbernecker blog hop, from the generous Mr. Rubbernecker.

The main image Ethel Nailing The Stud a new release from Rubbernecker last month, was stamped with Onyx Black Versafine on white cardstock, colored with Prismacolored pencils & Goo Gone, then cut out. Next I stamped the sentiment also a Rubbernecker new release from last month called Reward For Dog Text on white cardstock also with Onyx Black Versafine, then cut and embossed with a Nesties rectangle die.

With those done, I had to figure out what else I wanted. For the fence, I took a piece of white cardstock, grabbed my Scor-buddy and made some fence boards, then did the Acrylic Resist Technique. The cardstock was painted with an Adirondack Dabber (Snow Cap), sanded, Tea Dye Distress Ink sponged over it, wiped with a damp paper towel. I repeated the steps until I wound up with the way it looks now. A MS grass border punch finished up the bottom of the scene. For the background, a piece of white cardstock sponged with tumbled glass Distress Ink, then the tree from a Flourishes Forest of Trees stamp was inked with Peeled Paint Distress ink and stamped three times. The scene was then layered onto a piece of purple cut to size with a white card base.

After the card was put together, I added Crystal Effects to the glasses and Starry Night Stickles on the earring. The nail on the left side holding the sign up is a piece of cardstock colored with the same Prismacolored pencil that colored the other nails, and punched with a Crop-A-Dial.

I have been wanting to play with these stamps every since I received them, but being in two different houses really creates a problem. Especially when all my stamping stuff is at one house, I don’t want to carry everything back and forwards.

I’m back in my stamping land again. My DSL in non-stamping land was down with some kind of problem since Monday morning. I get back here with a different internet service, and this morning Blogger was down. I don’t know what is going on. Hopefully everything is ok now.

Thanks for stopping by, and I really enjoy reading the comments.

Happy Stamping!
judy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments brighten my day.