Saturday, May 21, 2011

Girls Just Wanna Have Funds

This  card is for challenge #7 at The Friday Mashup. The challenge is to: create a project with a feminine theme, or create a card using ribbon or pearls…..or mash it up and create a feminine project with ribbon & pearls.

As you can see, I chose all of the above. Since I am a tomboy, pink is my least favorite color, and also the color I associate with feminine stuff, like shopping, so my first choice of stamps for this project was the MFT set Tot-ally Fantastic. The sentiment is from the same set, and while I was making this card earlier today the Cyndi Lauper song “Girls just wanna have fun” popped into my head, and has stayed there all day. I think this also had to do with me picking the true (bright) colors (pun intended). I will admit I was a Cyndi Lauper fan, am I showing my age? I’d be willing to bet I’m not the only one making cards that was a Lauper fan.

The base card is a hot pink, the next layer is black, just cut to size. For the next layer  the Faux Mother of Pearl Technique was done. I used a piece of saran wrap dipped into Lumiere’ and dabbed onto a piece of photo paper. After the Lumiere’ dried Spun Sugar Distress Ink was sponged over the whole piece. Then it was cut to size to layer over the black.

The same hot pink and black was cut to size to layer the main image. The pink was placed on the Faux Mother of Pearl, then a piece of hot pink ribbon by Darice was run across it and wrapped around to the back of the black layer. Next the black layer and the image piece was placed atop the ribbon. I placed a hot pink pearl from Queen & Co. on top of the ribbon on each side of the image.

The image was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. I used my Scor-buddy to make store front bricks and to etch the sidewalk, then colored with Prismacolored pencils and Goo Gone. Who’s That Girl is wearing a designer dress by judy’s cards. I wanted to paper piece the dress, but was too lazy to look for some dp to use, so I made my own, using a SU black marker, and just colored the dress to stamp off on another piece of white, then grabbed my old SU set called Itty Bitty Backgrounds and inked up one of the stamps with the Memento Tuxedo Black, then cut it out to give her a new designer dress. The belt and dog were colored with a black SU marker. For the shoes, bracelet, and parts of the other purses a black glaze pen was used. Her purse was colored with a white glaze pen, and the pink purse was a pink glaze pen. The purse on the bottom shelf was created the same as the dress. After putting the card all together, I used Crystal Lacquer for the store window, which just about screwed the whole card up, as the Crystal Lacquer started to smear the dried black Glaze pen. I was able to salvage, it and luckily before I got to the pink purse.

The sentiment was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black on a strip of pink, then the ends were snipped by placing them through the bottom of a SU word window punch. I just used a strip of black cut to size for the layer behind, and added two small pink pearls (Crystal Stickers) to each end.

How true is that sentiment? It is oh so very true. If that were me in the picture, and I had funds, I’d definitely be passing that store window, in hopes the next one would be a stamping supply store. Oh, who am I fooling, I wouldn’t be wearing that dress either, it would be jeans & a t-shirt, and I ‘m, pretty sure I wouldn’t have a dog that could be caught in a mousetrap either. Open-mouthed smile

Thanks for stopping by, and your comments make my day.

Happy Stamping!
judy

6 comments:

  1. Such a perfect card for this challenge! I love that technique you used for your background..

    Cyndi Lauper fan here too.. I spent last weekend at a Hair Band Festival so I'm really showing my age..lol

    Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, Judy your post totally cracked me up! I'm a total tomboy too, as Holly could tell you, and I cant stand the color pink. I'm always in jeans and a hoodie and my dogs would eat a little foo-foo dog like that for a snack :-) I'm also a child of the 80's and love Cyndi!

    You did a fantastic job on the card and totally rocked the challenge! That Faux Pearl technique is a great one and you did a wonderful job with it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Judy, love your sense of humour. Yes Cindi is a fave here too. Your card is just gorgeous love all the technique and that saying is sooooo true! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup with your art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny! Love your "girly" card...it's perfect for the challenge! Thanks so much for playing with us at the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely fabulous and your colouring is amazing! Thanks for joining us at the FM.
    Smiles,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is perfect for the challenge! Love all the details, especially that shiny, tempting store window! Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete

Comments brighten my day.