Monday, May 16, 2011

Flower Garden Rose

Seems like I am stuck on using the Acrylic Distress and coloring with an Alcohol Ink Fillable Pen, but I just can’t help myself trying new combinations.

This card was supposed to be for a challenge, but I changed my mind and just finished it like this.

The rose is from a retired SU set called Flower Garden. It was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black on glossy cardstock, then colored with an Alcohol Ink Fillable Pen, filled with Blending Solution. I scrounged up enough palettes to have droppers of dried Alcohol Ink for each color I own, and whenever I’m ready to use them, just pull them out. The image was then cut out and embossed with a Nestie oval die. The next layer is just plain white cardstock cut out with a Nestie scalloped oval die and sponged with Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink.

Using the Acrylic Distress Technique, this time I chose a Cuttlebug folder from the Heritage Collection, ran a piece of white cardstock through it and painted with an Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabber in Pearl.  This may become my favorite Dabber as I like the shimmery effects, although I haven’t tried the gold or silver yet. After the paint dried, the raised embossing was sanded, wiped free of dust and sponged with Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink.

The next layer is just white, cut to size with a blue base card. I chose not to add a sentiment, but I think it still needs something, I just haven’t figured out what yet.

Thanks for stopping by, and I’d love to hear your comments.

Happy Stamping!
judy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments brighten my day.