Saturday, May 7, 2011

Watercolor Yucky

Here is another card for the Crafty Secrets challenge at SCS to watercolor.

I haven’t even touched my Twinkling H2O’s in years, so I drug them out first, then I grabbed a piece of watercolor paper and cut it with a Sizzix Circle Scallop Frame die which made two pieces, the scalloped  circle the image is on and the red circle. The inside of the red circle is also scalloped, but you can barely tell that from the way I placed the scalloped image. The image was stamped with onyx black Versafine, and watercolored with Twinkling H2O’s (celestial sun, orange peel, hot cinnamon and olive vine). Around the outside of the duck I used iridescent blue. The entire outer ring was watercolored with hot cinnamon. I got this brilliant idea to punch holes in each scallop with my Crop-A-Dial, and figured why stop with just the center go for the outside ring too, and they can be laced together.  Sometimes brilliant ideas turn out to be not so brilliant after all. I had to cut the black layer with a Nestie scalloped circle in order to hold the other pieces still enough to tie them together in the right spots. I like to use eyelets when running ribbon through the holes, it might just be me, but I think it keeps the paper from tearing easy, with the stress of pulling on the ribbon. The white eyelets are in every third hole, with yellow ribbon laced through and tied into a bow. My bows tend to come untied, so I dabbed some glue on the centers, then figured why not add some bling, the yellow gems are from a MFT Adornment pack. I think I still had challenge #6 from  Use It Tuesday   in my head to use fasteners, because I have eyelets, brads, mini brads, a button and faux brads on this card. I won’t enter it at Use It Tuesday though because I have used this image before. The dp and the piece of yellow behind it, is from an old DCWV matstack that I have lost the cover for, but I think it was brights. The base card is black. I used a ticket punch on the dp corners, a corner rounder punch on the yellow layer. I still had the punched holes from the red piece laying on the table, so I made faux brads, glued them in place, and later added a dot of Xmas red stickles to each one. The sentiment is from the same set stamped on a scrap of the yellow with onyx black Versafine, then punched with a SU word window punch, and a black mini brad on each side. I needed to fill in an empty spot, so I searched through my stash and came up with this heart button, it feels live velvet on a plastic button, two red brads are holding it in place.

I hope you enjoyed your visit, thanks for stopping by, I really enjoy getting comments. I will be leaving for non-stamping land this evening, I hope I can get back real soon.

Happy Stamping!
judy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments brighten my day.