Thursday, May 5, 2011

Humorous Girl 2

This is the second card I made using this stamp. For the first one see Humorous Girl.
Note** When I posted this earlier, I forgot to mention I used sketch challenge #216 from CPS.


If you didn’t see yesterday’s post, I was looking for a sentiment to use on another card, and ran across this stamp from the Inkadinkado set Humorous Birthday. A light bulb went off in my head, as this was a perfect sentiment for a birthday card I needed for this month (yesterday’s post). While making that card, I started wondering if it would have been better for her soon-to-be 19 year old daughter, so right then and there I decided to make another card using the same stamp for a July birthday card.

The main image was stamped on a piece of white cardstock with onyx black Versafine, then sponged with Distress inks. I had previously tried to do this image on glossy paper with Versamark and detail black ep, but I didn’t have a steady enough hand, the words were too hard to read…..it smeared a little, so I tossed it in the trash, only to get it out, color the image of the girl with an Alcohol Ink Refillable Pen (filled with Isopropyl Alcohol 91%) and some dried Alcohol Inks, I had poured out in a palette, then cut the image out and attached it to the sponged layer.  The next layer is white, cut to size and the edges sponged with barn door Distress ink. The pink circle was cut and embossed with a Nesties circle die, then a white gel pen run around the inside of the die before removing. The next layer of white was just cut with a Nesties scalloped circle die and a black pen run around the inside before removing the die, the edges also sponged with barn door Distress ink. The background paper (white) was stamped with a SU background stamp chicken wire, inked up with an Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabber (pitch black), then sponged with Distress Inks, layered on top of a piece of plain white with a pink base card. The sentiment is an unknown stamp, inked up with onyx black Versafine, stamped on white, then sponged with Distress Inks. I finished my little banner, by punching the ends with a square punch.

There is a video on the Ranger website for this coloring technique, only the pen is filled with blending solution.

Thanks for stopping by, and I love getting comments.

Happy Stamping!
judy

1 comment:

  1. This is too funny! My sister and I were sitting together last night and she did something and immediately said "OMG, that was mom", we laughed so hard....then we were scared! Great card Judy

    ReplyDelete

Comments brighten my day.