Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Humorous Girl

While searching for a sentiment to use the other day, I ran across this stamp, after reading it, I knew right away who I would use it for, and it just so happens she has a birthday this month.

The stamp is from an Inkadinkado set called Humorous Birthday, it was stamped on white cardstock with Onyx Black Versafine, colored with Prismacolored pencils & Goo Gone. I used a black glaze pen on the sunglasses, cut and embossed with a Nesties Label Eight die, then sponged around the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. The next layer is just a piece of brown cardstock trimmed to size. The next layer is another new (to me) technique I tried from Beate John’s blog, called Acrylic Distress.

For this technique you will need cardstock, an embossing folder, acrylic paint dabber, sanding block, distress ink.

I cut a piece of white cardstock to fit a Cuttlebug embossing folder, (Textile), then ran the cardstock through the Cuttlebug. The entire piece was painted with an Adirondack Dabber (Snow Cap) Note: white on white is really hard to see, then I used a heat gun to make sure it was dry. Next I used a Tim Holtz sanding block, and ran it over the embossed areas, to take off some of the paint on the raised areas. Wipe the excess dust off the cardstock with a dry paper towel, then using a sponging tool, Vintage Photo Distress Ink was applied. On the video Beate uses a cotton rag, I used a paper towel spritzed with water and wiped the inked areas. The ink came right off of the painted areas, and left the white showing, the areas that were sanded stayed brown. It  wasn’t dark enough to suit me, so I repeated the sanding and sponging. The second time around for wiping with a spritzed paper towel, I didn’t wipe as much off, as I liked this look. Next I cut and embossed with a larger Nesties Labels Eight die, then sponged the edges with Vintage Photo, The next layer is white cut to size, with a brown base card.  The button is from the recipients Grandmother’s button bag, sewed on with, I guess you call it crochet thread…..I don’t crochet so I’m not sure, but I know this is the type stuff my Mother used to crochet doilies with. It’s a brownish color with a strand of gold metallic thread intertwined.

Tomorrow I will have another card using this same stamp, but a different design. While making this card, it occurred to me that perhaps the sentiment would fit her soon-to-be 19 year old daughter better, her birthday is in July. So what the heck, now I have another card instead of waiting until the last minute.

Thanks for looking and I love getting comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments brighten my day.