Monday, May 23, 2011

Get Well Bunny

Today’s card is another entry for the Speedy TV challenge #56, to do a tone on tone card with the main image popped.

I created this card a couple of days ago, trying out some new techniques. I love the Acrylic Distress Technique, and started out with a color I haven’t used for it yet (Aged Mahogany Distress). The embossing folder used is a Cuttlebug from the Heritage Collection, and the Adirondack Dabber is Pearl.

The base card is just a piece of plain cardstock matching the Distress ink. The next layer up is plain white cut to size. Then the Acrylic Distress layer. The scalloped oval was white, cut with a Nestie scalloped oval die, and sponged with Aged Mahogany. The white oval was cut and embossed with a Nestie oval die.

Since the image had to be popped, I chose something easy to cut out, a SU set called A New Little Someone. I tried something new (to me) water coloring with Distress Ink. Which you can definitely see I need practice at.  The image was stamped on white with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I dabbed the ink pad on a plastic mat and spritzed some water in it, then using a water brush colored the image with Aged Mahogany, repeating these steps for  Wild Honey and Tattered Rose. Cut the image out, took a needle and black thread, and stitched the seam up the middle.

The sentiment is from the SU set Teeny Tiny Wishes. Stamped with Versamark on white and heat embossed with detail black ep, then sponged with Aged Mahogany. I was going to use Hello Baby, but thought the card too dark for a baby card, so I changed to a get well card. While writing this post, I just had the weirdest thought……..what colors do the Goth dressers use for baby cards? Can you see a baby card done in black? Maybe this could have been a Goth baby card. I can’t think about things like this now, I’ll have to think about it tomorrow.

After the card was assembled I added Stickles for the eyes, and to the bow.

Thanks for stopping by, and getting comments makes my day. If you should have an answer for the Goth baby cards please by all means leave me a comment, maybe we could start something new.

Happy Stamping!
judy

2 comments:

  1. Adorable bear!!! Love the embossing!!
    Thanks for sharing it with us at Sppedy's Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, such a sweet bunny! I love the colors and effect.

    ReplyDelete

Comments brighten my day.