Monday, February 28, 2011

Lace Hello

This card is for this week’s sketch challenge at CPS. I thought I had a good idea that turned into a bad idea, maybe that's what I get for thinking :)

For this card I chose two shadowed images the bear and moose from the Stampin Place. The sentiment is from a SU set Fundamental Phrases. All three were stamped on black cardstock with versamark and embossed with detail white ep, then punched out. Next I was going to punch another larger square for the layer behind the image squares, but I happened to have a scrap strip of black just laying there and liked that look, which I later changed to red. The good idea/bad idea was the lace. Lace isn’t something I have bought a lot of, and was thinking it would look nice as a backer, but didn’t really want it to be the color it was, so I was sitting there thinking…..if you can change the color of ribbon by running it across your ink pad…….why couldn’t you do lace the same way??? Well, let me tell you, this particular piece of lace was not that easy! I tried running it across the ink pad, I tried brayering the color on it, my fingers were getting blacker than the lace. I could not seem to get the ink to color the whole thing. I should have done it with stazon jet black, I have a re-inker for that, but noooo I was trying it with onxy black versafine. I started this project last night, and figured to let the lace sit all night to dry…….didn’t happen. Today when I went back to work on it, originally I had another Shadowed image of trees from the Stampin Place, in the middle but decided today the middle should be a sentiment. So thinking the lace was dry, I was throwing the stuff around changing things and found out that the lace was not dry. I had more black ink on my fingers and it was coming off on the red & black checked dp, luckily the most came off where it would be covered by the lace, but if you look closely you will see some spatter looking on the left side edge and above the bear.  The red & black checked dp is from my scrap pile, I chose it because it just looks like something to go with bear & moose, behind the dp is a black layer and the base card is red. Now I’m ready to put the card altogether. I placed some tape on the dp where I wanted the lace to be………..guess what? The lace would not stick, I tried a couple different types….no go. So I used two black mini brads in the end of the red strip to help hold it in place. Then I put all the rest of the card together, and distressed the edges of the red base card. The next step was to take pictures, I did this, then set down to write my description, I looked over at the card and realized I had put the lace on backwards, it’s a good thing the tape wasn’t holding that good, I took it apart and turned the lace over, then retook the pictures.

Hope you are having a better day. Thanks for stopping by and I’d love to hear your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments brighten my day.