Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Flopsey Be Mine

Another card as I promised for the MFT challenge this week, here is the sketch we have to work with.


This card was made with the MFT set Valentine Flopsey. The card base is cream colored, the next layer a dark blue. The dp is from My Mind’s Eye Home Photo mat pack. The corners were punched with a ticket punch and silver brads placed at each corner. Next would be the ribbon, a dark blue with silver trim, the bow made with a bow easy. After removing it from the bow easy, I pierced it with a big needle and stuck the brad through it and the cardstock to hold it in place. The next layer would be the white circle the image is stamped on. Flopsey was stamped with onyx black versafine ink and colored with prismacolored pencils on a circle cut out with my nesties. For his eyes a black glaze pen was used.

 Now for the nitty gritty.  I saw this somewhere on the web, not sure where right now, so I will just jot down what I remember on how to do it. First you need a circle cut out of scrap paper, I used my nesties to cut my circle, the one I used on this card is from the standard circle large set, the next to the biggest one in that set. Once you have the circle cut out, place it on a flat surface and fold in half, then score it, open it back up and turn it ¼ turn and fold it in half again, score it, repeat this until you have eight pieces of pie. This is my template, I know the biggest two circles in this nestie set works.

Once you have your template, cut out the paper you want to use. Place the template directly over the cardstock, make sure it covers completely, do not let it move, fold the template in half, mark the edge with a pencil, (this is where the pencil marks on my template came from) repeat until you have your eight pieces of pie on the cardstock you want to work with. You will need a corner punch with the guard removed, I used an ek success punch. As far as I know it has to be one with a V-guard, not one with an L-guard, I have both types, but to look at the ones with a L-guard they don’t look like they would work. I guess I really should try sometime. Pick up the cardstock you marked with a pencil, with the pencil lines so you can see them, place the punch upside down, so you can see where you are punching. Punch between the lines. When you are done, if you are lucky the center will fall out, if not, just take a pair of scissors and snip the connecting parts, and there you have your frame.

I'm not even sure what this technique is called, but when I did this card for a challenge at Stamp TV it was called a heart medallion in the comments.


Thanks for stopping by and any comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments brighten my day.