Saturday, January 22, 2011

Life Bear

I have another card for the color challenge at Stamp TV to use chocolate brown, turquoise sea & white. I switched back to the GKD set Life is Good by Theresa Momber for main image and sentiment. I already had the brown piece cut out with nesties label twelve, leftover from some other card that I changed colors on, so I stamped the cabin in versamark and embossed with detail white ep. I colored the trees, roof, door, chimney and sidewalk with prismacolored pencils, then used a snow writer to add the snow and dumped glamouor dust on top to give it bling. A clear glitter pen was used around the edge. The white layer behind is just a square of white, the corners cut with a corner rounder punch. The sentiment was stamped on white with versamark and embossed with walnut stain distress ep, after it was cut out with a quickcutz name plate die, and layered on brown from the same die. Brown eyelets were placed in the holes from the die with a crop-a-dial, and the polka dotted ribbon inserted. The dp is from a DCWV Citrus matstack. The card base is turquoise. As an added touch, I used my spellbinders cabin and bear die, to cut the bear, and used the smoke for the chimney, the bear was sponged with walnut stain distress ink and has a touch of white gel pen across it's back so that it doesn't blend in with the brown nestie shape, and the smoke is sponged with weathered wood distress ink. Thanks for stopping by and any comments.

1 comment:

  1. Great card...I will remember about using white ep on brown cs for this cabin...great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Comments brighten my day.