Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Green Eyes

This week’s sketch challenge over at Stamp TV.


For today’s card one of the kittens, and a sentiment from the GKD set Purrr-fectly Delightful by Theresa Momber was used.


I decided not to continue with my watercoloring with gel pens on this one. I started out with intentions to use the cabin from the Life is Good set, but sort of lost my inspiration for that, after picking this dp out of my single page stash, bought at either Joanne’s or Michaels, when I saw the name on the edge – Deja Views – Cat’s Life Collection – Small Polka Dots. So a new idea was born. The kitten was stamped on white with onyx black versafine, colored with prismacolored pencils and goo gone, given green eyes with a stardust pen, then cut out with a rectangle nestie, masked and sponged with weathered wood distress before removing the nestie. The gray layer behind it was also cut out with a nestie and the edges distressed. The sentiment was stamped on a transparency film with versamark and embossed with detail black ep. The frame for the sentiment was cut from a sizzix bookplate die. I glued the frame to the transparency, then cut the transparency to fit. Then I planned on using a white brad, wouldn’t you know it, I didn’t have any, so I took a silver one, dipped it in versamark and embossed with white ep. The white under the ribbon is punched with a MS border punch. The layer under the dp is the same gray as under the kitten and the base card is a yellow like the kitten. Thanks for stopping by and leaving any comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments brighten my day.