Monday, January 24, 2011

Flower Hi


This card is for this weeks Stamp TV sketch challenge. I used the flowers again, from the GKD set Purrr-fectly Delightful by Theresa Momber. It was stamped on white, three times, for three separate images with onyx black versafine. I am still on a watercoloring with gel pen kick, something I saw somewhere the other day, and that is how all three images were colored. Click on the picture below for a close-up of the shimmer from the gel pens. The first image was cut out with a scalloped rectangle nestie, then layered onto a piece of rust colored paper cut out with a rectangle nestie, and the edge embossed. The second image stamped was cut apart for the two front blossoms, and popped onto the original image. For the third image stamped only the centers of the two front blossoms were cut out, and popped onto the already popped layer of flowers. I tried to give it a different look also by bending some of the petals. The dp is from a K&Company Hannah Paper Pad. The tag was cut out with a cuttlebug tiny tag die stamped with sentiment from same stamp set in onyx black versafine, and attached with a cream colored eyelet. I don’t know the first thing about sewing, but I think the decorative strip is some kind of tape for sewing, almost feels like material, just a little stiffer, it was in a box of ribbons and lace I bought, so I used it. The dp is layered onto the same rust colored paper I used for the rectangle layer, and the base card is a cream color.

I am using cheap gel pens with a waterbrush. I have been using onyx black versafine and have had no problems with it running. Since the ink dries very fast, I have just been putting a little color, then using the waterbrush, working back and forwards between the two. I even had one ink pen that wouldn’t write, so I took it apart and dipped the pen in what ink was left. Thanks for stopping by and leaving any comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments brighten my day.