Sunday, January 30, 2011

More SU cards

Since I started doing challenges at CDS, Stamp TV and MFT I have been neglecting my SU sets. So today, I sat down and made myself use them. I picked out some previously made cards from sketch challenges, then picked a stamp set. For the first card I chose the retired SU set Wisecracks. As it turns out the sketch card I picked to use is the current sketch challenge, and the paper I picked out of my scrap pile could be used in the current color challenge. But I’ll just go with the sketch.

 I stamped the main image on white cardstock with onyx black versafine, stamped the head on an extra piece and colored with prismacolored pencils and goo gone and then cut the extra head out. The main image was cut out and embossed with a rectangle nestie. The red layer was cut and embossed with a scalloped rectangle nestie. The black layer is just a scrap piece that was the perfect size. Instead of a ribbon, a MS border punch was used on both sides of the red and white polka dot dp. A sizzix bookplate die was used for the black tag frame and a piece of white was cut to fit, and stamped with the sentiment from a SU set Teeny Tiny Wishes. I haven’t bought any SU sets since December of 2009, I don’t know if this set is retired or not. A red brad was used to attach the tag. There is a red layer under the striped dp, and the base card is black. I don’t think her wrinkly forehead is her worst problem, since adding the googly eyes, she really needs eye tuck!!

This is another card I made today using a past sketch from Stamp TV.

I spotted the dp in the scrap pile and chose the SU set A Flower For All Seasons. As I stated above, I haven’t bought any SU sets since December of 2009 and don’t know if this one is retired. The main image and sentiment was stamped with onyx black versafine and most of it was just colored with gel pens, since the image is small. The watering can was watercolored with a gel pen. The main image was then cut out and embossed with a nesaties labels four die as was the darker green behind it. A green gel pen was run around the edge of the white layer, and a clear glitter pen around the edge of the green layer before the nesties were removed.
Thanks for stopping by and I would love to hear your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments brighten my day.