Sunday, January 30, 2011

Please Vote on Birthday Card

I haven’t been using my SU sets lately, so I thought I’d get one out and make a card, by casing this recent card I made.

I started looking at dp, and decided why get something new out, when I should be using up some of my scraps, so while digging through my scrap dp, I came up with the flowered piece, it must be a single sheet, bought at either Joann’s or Michaels, on the back it had the name Paper Pizazz Garden Scattered Flowers. Then I decided that I was going to make a birthday card, using the same stamp, dp and the maroon color, as this card, that was made back in 2009, and wanted to see if it would be improved. 


Using the retired SU set Nice & Easy Notes, I started by stamping the image on white cardstock, watercoloring with gel pens, then I cut the image out with a scalloped circle nestie. Each scallop was pierced using the SU template for piercing. The maroon layer behind was cut with a nestie circle, and one of the ribbon tag trio dies, also as a base layer for the dp. I attached the dp to the maroon layer. The tag was cut in half and placed equally on each backside of the circle layers. I passed a matching ribbon through the tag holes, attached the circles to the dp layers and ran the ribbon around to the back of the dp layers. Then it was all attached to a white card base, and diamond gemstones attached to the ribbon tags on each side of the circles. Here is my new card:


Which Nice & Easy birthday card do you like the best? Please leave a comment and help me decide. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments brighten my day.