Thursday, January 20, 2011

Billy and Maggie

This is another card for the Clear Dollar Stamps challenge "Love is Sweet". This idea popped into my head after making the other card with the rock wall in it that I posted. First I cut out a white piece of paper 4 x 5-1/4 no frills, had to see how everything would fit. Then I chose several CDS stamp sets to use: Billy and Maggie Fall Fun for the boy and girl, Dylan for the rock wall, Accessory Fun for the skateboard and Enchanting Carousel for the sentiment. I also used SU's: Lovely as a tree pine and the tree from Branch Out. I stamped the boy & girl, colored with prisma-colored pencils and goo gone, a black glaze pen and a white gel pen were used on their eyes, then they were cut out. From there I could tell where to position the rock wall, so I stamped it with onyx black versafine, colored with prisma-colored pencils and goo gone. Then masked the wall, and made a mask for the sun. Sponged distress inks: wild honey for the sun, tumbled glass for the sky, and peeled paint for the grass. Stamped the trees, my handsome hunter pad need re-inking. It is now ready for placing the characters. I popped Billy on his long in front of the rock wall with foam dots, then popped Maggie atop the rock wall. Punched a bunch of hearts with the MS heart punch, popped some, just glued others to the background, it is supposed to look like she is tossing them up in the air to fall on Billy. In trying to figure out what sentiment I wanted to add, I found that the word sweet from Enchanting Carousel fit perfectly onto the skateboard, so I stamped them, then sponged with mustard seed distress, cut out and popped it in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments brighten my day.