Saturday, January 29, 2011

Kitten Chalk

This week’s color challenge:

Here is my third card for this week’s color challenge at Stamp TV.

I used the kitten from the GKD set Purrr-fectly Delightful by Theresa Momber as my main image, stamped in versamark, embossed with detail black ep, and I couldn’t resist adding green eyes. The sentiment from same set was stamped in barn door red distress ink, then the image was cut out and embossed with one of the nestie label six dies. The red layer behind it was cut and embossed with a nestie oval die. The black layer was run through the cuttlebug with a cuttlebug embossing folder called scrollwork. There is a white layer behind this and the base card is red. There are four red mini brads at each corner of the black and white layer. The silk flowers are attached with white mini brads. The flowers came from an artificial stem, I tore it apart just for the flowers. The first time I took pictures of this card, while editing the scrolls on the black did not show up at all, so I took the card back to my stamp room, to figure out what to do. Since the card was put together embossing was out of the question. I finally decided on using my versamark pen, and adding white chalk to the raised parts. I used white pearlescent chalk from Pebbles, the shimmer collection. I had to brighten the photo while editing, now the red isn’t as dark, and the chalk looks more gray than white. Thanks for stopping by and for leaving any comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments brighten my day.