Saturday, January 22, 2011

Old Keys

Here is another card for the color challenge at Stamp TV to use chocolate brown, turquoise sea & white. This time I chose to use the GKD set You Know You’re Old When… I felt like doing some paper piecing, so I stamped the senior driver twice, once on turquoise and once on white, with versamark and embossed with walnut stain distress ep. On the turquoise, I then cut the car out. The bumper, headlights and hubcaps were colored with a silver metallic pen, also added a clear glitter pen to the headlights. On the white, I used SU markers, and the glasses have a dab of Sepia Accents on each lense. The white was then cut and embossed with a nesties rectangle die, and the turquoise car attached. Since I already had the brown & white dp picked out from a DCWV spring glitter stack, and had decided on a brown base card, I used turquoise for the layer behind the white, also run through the cuttlebug with a nestie scalloped rectangle die. Since there was a car in the main image, I decided to use my spellbinders license plate 1 blank die with some more turquoise, too bad the sentiment wasn’t something that would be on a license plate J Stamped You know in versamark and embossed with detail white ep, stamped getting lucky with versamark and embossed with walnut stain distress ep, then added the four screw head brads. Was trying to figure out what else I could add, when I thought of the spellbinders key die, so I cut out a key in brown, then decided to add another key. When I was thinking about a keyring, I thought about that wire thing, I don’t even know what they are called. I bought a box of goodies on the clearance rack at Hobby Lobby back around Thanksgiving, and some of them were in it, along with brads and other metal embellishments. I think it makes the perfect keyring. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments brighten my day.