Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Owls

This is the new sketch at MFT for this week.

For today’s card I used a set I have had for a while that has never seen ink. I had in mind something I wanted to do, started out with this set, changed sets, then back to this set again. The first time around my image wound up being too big for the bow, we are supposed to add, oh well :(, I changed to a Flopsey image, had the card all together, was about to photograph it, when this new idea popped into my head. It could have waited, but I had picked this dp out in particular for my first thought, and I can add my other image to something else. So here is my card using MFT sets Owls of the Season and the sentiment is from MFT Twisted Two.


First I cut a piece of white card stock with the scalloped circle nestie, it was not embossed as the sentiment needed the space, then the light green layer was cut with a circle nestie. The sentiment was stamped in onyx black versafine, then spun sugar distress ink was lightly sponged all over the white (which isn’t showing up in the picture). The tree branch from this set wouldn’t work, so I used my Quickkutz branches die for the limb. The two owls were stamped on a scrap piece of white, colored with prismacolored pencils & goo gone, then cut out. The owls were then stamped on the scalloped circle so they would have legs, glued the branch and owls in place, and added googly eyes to both owls. Sometimes the black dots are stuck in place and don’t move like they should, these were like that, so I placed them to look like they were looking at each other. The dp is from a DCWV Nana’s Nursery stack, it was chosen for the rabbits in the background. The dp is layered on a light green, the same as the green circle and the base card is pink. The green ribbon was tied into a bow using the bow easy. Stay tuned for another card since I have it partially done already, using the Flopsey I took off of this one. Thanks for stopping by and leaving any messages.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments brighten my day.