Thursday, January 20, 2011

Hearts Galore

It snowed here last night, so my DH decided not to head up the road today (Yeah!!!) I had the whole day to play, but didn’t get much accomplished. First I had to decide what to do, then I decided on this. I just used this dp on another card recently, so I chose the MFT set Hearts Galore for my main image and sentiment. I switched up things today, I broke out my watercolor paper and pencils, that hasn’t been used in a very long time, kind of wished I had picked a bigger image. Stamped the image with onyx black versafine, and watercolored, then I stamped the balloons again to pop, watercolored, also added a layer of glossy accents on them, cut out the images and attached some black string. Since I needed to add ribbon for this challenge, I checked, and the image fit perfectly on a spellbinder ribbon tag die. The card started out being “BN” (before nesties), I used a circle and scalloped circle punch for the half circles, punched the corners of the base layer with a heart photo corner punch. I did have a different dp for the top half circle and the top heart, but changed up, when it seemed like the base layer of dp was getting covered up too much, and you couldn’t tell what it was, finally wound up using just one dp. I broke down and used my nestie hearts, as you can see. I’ve had this card put together and torn apart so many times today, thank goodness, I wasn’t using my ATG tape. The scalloped heart was green for a while, then changed to red, I had a different background for the ribbon tag image. No wonder it took all day. For the sentiment, I stamped in onyx black versafine on vellum, and used a heart punch, then attached to the top nestie heart. Then almost forgot to add my three heart brads. Turns out I was too late for the challenge, guess it took me too long :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments brighten my day.