Monday, February 21, 2011

Bad Hunter

For this week’s sketch challenge STVSKSP14 at Stamp TV. I searched through all of my stamps to come up with something for this challenge. Instead of using three different image stamps, I chose to use just one after I ran across the sentiment which says Vegetarian: An old Indian word for Bad Hunter.


Usually, I’m just making cards for challenges, and later if I need one in a pinch, I’ll grab one of these. Today was different, when I thought of this image and sentiment, I knew right away, this was going to be a birthday card for one of our friends, just don’t want him to get mad. You guessed it, he came home empty handed during our deer seasons. I say seasons because we have several different seasons……there is early muzzleloader which lasted a week or two, rifle season was in for two weeks, the regular muzzleloader season another two weeks, and then rifle season comes back in for a couple more days. We also have a bow season, but I’m not counting that, he didn’t go out with his bow.

For this card I chose a deer image, one of the first individual stamps I ever bought, it’s been a few years ago, but I think I got it at A.C. Moore, it doesn't have a company name on it. I stamped it with saddle brown stazon ink on white cardstock, layered it on dark brown. Then I started working from the other direction, my base card is white, then I have a layer of the same dark brown I layered the deer with, and a layer of dp from a DCWV The Fall Stack. After assembling these I was able to put the deer images into place. The sentiment was a problem, it was too long for the spellbinders dies, and the cuttlebug label dies I have were way to big to fit. So I tried a MS corner punch out on a scrap piece of paper, and it worked just fine. I did not line the paper up like cutting a corner, I placed it straight in until the end of the longest point wouldn’t be cut off. My paper was about 1” wide.  The Vegetarian stamp was purchased from The Rubber Stamp Shack back in 2008. The sentiment was stamped on the paper with saddle brown stazon, then I cut the other end with the punch. Attached the sentiment, and added four brown brads.  After all the layers were attached, but before placing them on the base card, I started paper piercing, around the deer images and the sentiment.

Thanks for looking and I look forward to any comments you may leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments brighten my day.