Saturday, February 19, 2011

Funny Farm

Here is a card for Giovana’s release party color challenge at Stamp TV. I chose the GKD stamp set Funny Farm for the main image and sentiment.




The main image was stamped on white cardstock with onyx black versafine, then I paper pieced the barn, silo roof, tree tops and the striped field. I made a mask and stippled spun sugar,tumbled glass, and broken china for the sky, peeled paint and shabby shutters for the other two fields. It seemed a little bare, so I pulled out my CDS set Mini Silhouette Scapes and added the birds, and plants in the fields. This scene is layered on white. Next I chose some dp from a matstack I have lost the cover for, but I’m sure it’s DCWV. For a while I thought I had picked out yellow with white polka dots, must have strained my eyes cutting out those little things, turns out it’s yellow with white stars, oh well, it is also layered on white, with a green card base. The sentiment was stamped with onyx black versafine, after cutting out the yellow and green pieces with cuttlebug slider dies. I ran the ribbon through both and attached with a foam dot, pierced a hole on each corner of the main image and stuck four yellow brads in the holes. Thanks for looking and I’d love to hear your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments brighten my day.