Thursday, February 24, 2011

Cattail Birthday

Today’s card is for this week’s sketch challenge at Stamp TV, there is no shimmer, no glimmer, no razzle-dazzle, just a simple card following the sketch, with a little sewing.



This is my fourth attempt at using my Singer Pixie Plus sewing machine on a card. I must be getting better at this, the thread didn’t get tangled up, it only skipped one stitch,  and thank goodness that darn needle didn’t come unthreaded again.  Well, they say practice makes perfect………..I need a lot of practice!!

For this card I chose papers to match the thread that was on the sewing machine, so I wouldn’t have to go to all the trouble of changing it.  The base card is a rust (matching the thread) , next is a layer of dark brown, then a piece of plaid dp that came from a DCWV Fall Stack, with the matching rust color in it. I stamped the cattails from a GKD set called Life is Good by Theresa Momber using SU markers to color the stamp (chocolate chip, always artichoke and bordering blue) on white cardstock, cut down to size and layered on dark brown, attached them to the other layers, minus the base card and ran the sewing machine around each. Happy Birthday is also from a GKD set called Purrr-fectly Delightful by Theresa Momber colored with another SU marker (really rust) and stamped on white cardstock, then cut and embossed with a ribbon tag trio die, the ribbon was run through it and attached to the back of the layers, then they were added to the base card.

Thanks for stopping by and I ‘d love to hear your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments brighten my day.