Thursday, February 3, 2011

Double Embossing

Ok, I think I found my mind that I completely lost earlier today! I finished another card, this time starting out to be for the sketch challenge at Stamp TV, with double embossing, and this is how the card turned out using a GKD stamp set Purrr-fectly Delightful by Theresa Momber.

I also got out the sewing machine I bought after I saw the GKD video about sewing machines back in 2009, and haven’t used until today. I am, and always will be a tomboy, and sewing isn’t one of my prerequisites. I don’t really remember, but I think I failed the sewing part in home economics. I should have had a video camera rolling, I’m sure I could have made America’s Funniest Video. I know this probably isn’t the best sewing anybody has ever seen, but for the first time using it, I am satisfied, except where the machine skipped a couple stitches on the bottom row of the ribbon on the left side. Maybe you wouldn’t have noticed if I hadn’t pointed it out.

The kitten was stamped on gray cardstock with versamark and embossed with detail black ep. Then I used my prismacolored pencils and added some pink for the nose, ears & pads of his feet, and some white in a couple places, used a green glaze pen, and a dot of white gel pen for green eyes. Afterwards, I used a versamark pen colored in the whole kitten and embossed with detail clear ep. Cut the image out and embossed with oval nesties. The brown layer behind was cut out with a scalloped oval nestie, and each scallop pierced. The dp name is Deja Views – Cat’s Life Collection – Small Polka Dots (I just used it on a card for the last sketch challenge at Stamp TV with the same kitten) it is layered on the same brown as the scalloped oval. The base card is a bright green, the same as the sentiment tag and ribbon.  So the first time using the sewing machine on the card was attaching the dp to the brown layer, I think that went pretty well, I really tried hard to keep it going straight, kind of looks like I was drinking though. I'm just glad the thing already had thread and a bobbin in it. So I got the brilliant idea to sew the ribbon on too, that was going smoothly also, until I almost finished. I sewed the top part first, then back across the bottom, that’s where it started skipping stitches, right at the end. I used my cuttlebug fanciful label die to cut out the tag, stamped the sentiment from same stamp set with versamark, embossed with detail black ep, then used the versamark pen around the edges and embossed with clear detail ep, attached it with two brown mini brads. I picked out some matching colors to the polka dots on the dp and punched some butterflies with a MS border punch to frame the kitten in the oval. After attaching ribbon, ovals and sentiment, looks like the rust color in the dp kind of got covered up. Thanks for stopping by and I would love to hear your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments brighten my day.