Friday, February 4, 2011

Nestled Love

Clear Dollar Stamps has a new challenge for this month,

you can view all the details here.

For the sketch, I chose an unused CDS set called Nestled Love and did my own version of the black magic technique.

The main image was stamped on black with versamark ink, embossed with detail white, colored with prisma colored pencils, then cut out and embossed with nesties ovals. For the image layer, I only ran the clear glitter gel pen around the top part of the oval. The rust colored layer was also cut out with a nestie oval, and after the image layer was attached, I used a white gel pen to outline it, all the way around. The ribbon is something I picked up at a yard sale, it’s rather fancy, it reminds me of a wedding dress. I don’t know if you will be able to see it very good in the picture, but it has some sparkle to it. The dp is out of my scrap bin, I have been trying to use scraps up, before getting anymore new stuff out. The layering for the dp is the same rust color as the layer for the image and the base card. The layer between the base card and the little star dp is black. I used a cuttlebug tiny tag die to cut out the tag for the sentiment, and three rust colored snaps to finish it off. Thanks for looking, and would love to hear your comments.

2 comments:

  1. Goodness, Judy, this is awesome! What a cool idea to use that white embossing powder. It's a gorgeous effect. Thanks for joining us for the CIC this month :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card Judy!!! Love to hear someone else trying to use up their scraps before buying new!!! Hooray for us!!! Thanks for joining us at Clearly Inspired Challenge.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Comments brighten my day.