Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Lower Cholesterol

I ran across a new (to me) challenge site today called CPS (Card Positioning System) followed the sketch and made this card to enter for CPS #206. I’m going to enter it in the Use It Tuesday’s challenge USE002 also, because this is a lot prettier dp than the other card I submitted, and I can also submit it to Party Time Tuesday's PTT #4 cause it's anything goes this week.


The main image is an American Art Stamp called High Heels. You can’t clearly read the sentiment because of the card holder, it says : THE DOCTOR TOLD ME TO LOWER MY CHOLESTEROL…SO NO MORE HIGH HEELS! The image was stamped on white with onyx black versafine. I colored the skin with prismacolored pencils and goo gone, the rest of the image was colored with cheap gel pens and a waterbrush, sprayed hairspray on it, then cut it out with a nesties rectangle. I like this technique because it makes the image shimmer. I have a close-up picture below. I just wanted a little frame around it so I trimmed up a piece of the light blue cardstock just to peek out around it. The next layer is a piece of patterned paper, it may not show up in the picture, but it has very light squares on it, cut with a circle nestie, with a light blue layer cut with a scalloped circle nestie, then I used a different patterned paper for the next layer, backed by a piece of red. Both of the patterned paper is from a DCWV Spring Stack. After, I put the layers together,  I did the sewing with three different stitches, then attached the layers to the light blue base card.

I don’t know about the rest of you, but I do not have a lot of patience. I bought a Singer Pixie Plus sewing machine a couple of years ago, because I like the looks of some of those cards out there with sewing on them. I finally got it out of the box and managed to make a card back on the 3rd of this month. Since the third it has mainly been sitting in the floor of my craft room, because the needle came unthreaded, and I broke my needle threader trying to rethread it. I finally got it threaded, and the thread messed up and unthreaded it again, in the middle of making a card, so back in the floor it went until today. I figured I’d give it another try. I’m sure if someone out there had a video camera they could win prizes from America’s Funniest Video, videotaping me with the sewing machine. Because I had fooled around so much with it before, I had to change the thread and bobbin, so I would have thread to work with, had to drag out the book for this, maybe I should have paid more attention to sewing in school, I think I failed this part of home economics which I believe I did mention in another post.  I used three different stitches on this card, as you can see, I need plenty of practice!!  I have yet to figure out how it punches the holes, but skips putting thread in them, as I am sewing along. The good news is, it didn’t come unthreaded and the thread didn’t get all tangled up again. With a little practice, I might get this down somedayJ

As promised here is a close-up of the shimmer that using cheap gel pens and a waterbrush creates.


Thanks for looking, and I’d love to hear your comments.

2 comments:

  1. Judy, you are a riot!! I love this paper as well and I thrilled you cut into to use for this challenge!

    Best of luck with that sewing machine! :)

    Thanks for submitting another gorgeous creation to Use It Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL at the sentiment! fun, fun card! Thanks for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete

Comments brighten my day.