There’s a blog hop Animal Kingdom challenge going on at Stamp TV to use any of the listed GKD animal sets. I chose Funny Farm and here is my card.
There were quite a few sets you could use on the list. I only had two of those sets. I don’t know about everybody else, but sometimes I have ideas fly through my head so fast, I can’t keep up with them, it’s almost like a roulette wheel, going round and round, and when it stops that number (idea) is what I use, all the other numbers (ideas) are forgotten. I should have a tape recorder, if they still make them, and just speak my ideas out loud, then I could remember more of them. While blog hopping tonight there was a lot of beautiful cards, I don’t think anybody paper pieced the set I used, but when that idea popped it stuck. I think this is a first for me, when I paper piece, it is normal looking, that is also why I chose the sentiment Funny Farm from the same set. I started digging through my scrap pile to find some pieces with small print, I just made different card not long ago, using this sketch, and the same white, blue, dp (except for the pig), tag, and the ribbon for the Clearly Inspired Challenge sponsored by Clear Dollar Stamps. I really liked the way the colors went together. So rather than sitting half the night trying to decide what to do, I went with that.
The animals were stamped first with versamark, embossed with detail black ep, I used a white gel pen to fade out the dp colors around the eyes, the flowers and the spots on the cow, then I colored over some of those spots with different glaze pens. After all why would a cow have white spots, when it is purple with green designs anyway. The animals were laid to the side, while working on the rest of the card. Next I used a 4” square of purple, my MS fence border punch and my newly discovered technique of how to punch around a square using only a border punch. You can find my redneck tutorial here. I cut a square of blue instead of green for the grass, stamped some grass from a CDS set called Mini Silhouette Scapes with Dusty Concord distress ink. Then I proceeded to cut the background pieces. The darker of the two dp’s is a whole layer, the lighter of the two are cut and layered on white and placed on the two corners of the darker dp, this was attached to a layer of the same blue used for tag and square. I cut out the blue tag with a cuttlebug slider die, stamped with versamark, embossed with detail white ep, ran the ribbon through the tag and across the layers of dp to the back of the blue layer. The animals were attached to the blue square, which was attached to the fence square, and put in place over the ribbon/dp layers. The base card is white. I had to use more of the dp than was in my scrap pile, (except for the pig) the dp is from a DCWV Summer Dream matstack.
I don’t know what they are smoking on this farm, but I hope you enjoyed it. Thanks for stopping by, and I’d love to hear your comments.