Monday, February 21, 2011

Funny Friend

This card is for the release party challenge #3 Sketch for you. I chose the GKD set Funny Farm for my main image and sentiment.



I stamped the main image on a piece of brown mustard colored paper, and on white with onyx black versafine, I had the intention of coloring the white. The mustard colored paper was then cut and embossed with a nestie circle. On the piece of white that was stamped, I wound up just coloring the head, hair and hat, with prismacolored pencils & goo gone, then decided to stamp the overhauls on the striped dp and cut out, I stamped it again on the dp, with the stripes going in a different direction and cut the pocket out. I was going to leave the shirt the mustard color, but changed my mind on that too, so the shirt was stamped on the pale yellow, cut out and attached. That left the boots and the sign. So I stamped the boots on the pale yellow, cut them out, then attached. For the sign I stamped the sentiment in onyx black versafine on the white piece I had previously stamped the main image on, then cut out and attached. All of the dp is from the DCWV Flower Shower Spring Matstack. The base card and the layered circle is a pale yellow, everything else was layered with the brown mustard color. I grabbed some pale yellow adhesive backed ribbon I have had for a while, picked it up at Joann’s on the clearance rack. Pierced three holes on the bottom right for pale orange brads and picked out three flowers from a Paper Flower embellishment jar by Portafolia that I had picked up at a yard sale, pierced holes and attached the flowers with yellow brads. I also added some color with a prismacolored pencil under the girls feet, a flower brad for the hat, googly eyes, and a final touch was to add crystal lacquer on the boots.

Thanks for looking and I would love to hear your comments.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments brighten my day.