Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Chalkboard Trees

Today’s card is for this weeks sketch challenge over at Stamp TV. I chose a stamp from the GKD set Life is Good by Theresa Momber for the main image, and decided to try the chalkboard technique.

The image was stamped on black cardstock with craft white ink, then pounced with different color chalks to color the image, the trees and ground are two different colors of green, the water blue, the rocks silver, background of trees white, you can hardly tell the difference of colors in the picture but in real life you can. I used Pebbles Pearlescent chalks the Shimmer collection. I sprayed hairspray on it to hold the chalk in place, then cut it out and embossed it with a nestie oval die. The next layer is just white cardstock cut with a nestie scalloped oval die. The next layer is some, what I call twinkling stars dp from my scrap pile. As an added extra I punched white cardstock with the ek success moon & stars punch, added a little versamark and some of the white shimmer chalk (it doesn’t show up in the picture). The layer behind the dp was white, but I sponged it with chipped sapphire distress ink, the base card is white. The sentiment is from the GKD set Funny Farm, stamped on black cardstock with craft white ink and chalked with the white shimmer chalk, punched with a round punch, and layered on white also punched. Thanks for taking a peak, and I’d love to hear your comments.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments brighten my day.