Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Just Fuzzy

This card is for a challenge over at Party Time Tuesday’s, since it’s the last of the month anything goes.



To start with I grabbed a bunch of recent cards I have made to decide on what type of sketch I wanted use. Then I picked a piece of dp from a K&Company Hannah Paper Pad. I chose to use a CDS stamp called Fuzzy Ducky. When I picked out this stamp a song from many, many moons ago popped into my head, I only remember a line or two………..little black duck, swimming in the water, little black duck doing what he oughta. I decided to color the image with gel pens and a watercolor brush, after stamping it on white paper with onyx black versafine ink. I was concentrating so hard on how I wanted to put the card together, that I forgot about spraying hairspray on it, until I started cutting it out, and noticed the shimmers on my fingers. It’s not something that has to be done, but I started doing it for images, that are cut out, because I was having more shimmer on my fingers, than on the image by handling it while cutting it out. So after I had some of it cut, I added some more gel pen and watercolored it again, then sprayed hairspray on it, let it dry and finished cutting it out.  My base card is a light pink, then I have a layer of rust, the dp, a darker pink self adhesive ribbon from Darice, two layers cut with nesties labels three, light pink and rust. The sentiment is from a Crafty Secrets set called Feeling Yucky, (I love to mix and match my stamps) stamped on light pink with onyx black versafine.  I made my own label using a MS corner punch, and attached it with brads.

I took several pictures, even with editing the colors just didn't want to cooperate. The ribbon looks like it is two different colors, but it's a pink like under the main image, in most of the pictures it looked rust colored over top of the image. I also tried to get the shimmer to show in a close-up, it shimmers more in real life.



Thanks for looking, and I would love to hear your comments.

2 comments:

  1. really cute card.. fab digi and nice accents...
    thanks for playing along at Party Time Tuesdays.. hope to see you again next week... hugs Bev PTT DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your project! Thanks for partying with us at Party Time Tuesdays! Hope to see you back next week.

    Jenn
    PTT

    ReplyDelete

Comments brighten my day.