Sunday, February 20, 2011

Kitten Thread

This card is for Theresa’s string it up release party challenge at Stamp TV. I chose the GKD set Purrr-fectly Delightful by Theresa Momber.


The main image was stamped on black cardstock with versamark and embossed using detail white ep. Instead of having a black cat with a white outline, I colored over the white with a dark gray prismacolored pencil, added some pink for nose, ears and paw, filled in the eyes with a white gel pen, used a green glaze pen over top of the white, then added a dot over the green with the white gel pen, and cut the kitten out. The blue layer was cut and embossed with a nesties rectangle die, then the white layer was cut with a scalloped rectangle nestie die. I had the idea of the kitten playing with a ball of thread, and just had to figure out how to do it. I punched a small circle then wrapped some of the gold metallic thread around it, and from there wrapped it around the two layers the kitten  is attached to. Those layers were added to the plaid dp from my scrap pile. Since the plaid paper was very thin, I mounted it to a piece of white the exact same size, so that it doesn’t show, but gives it some thickness, punched the corners with (I’m sorry, but I don’t remember the name of that punch), and wrapped gold metallic thread around the edges, and mounted onto a layer of white, then the base card is the same blue as the kitten is mounted on. For the sentiment, I used one from the same stamp set, stamped with onyx black versafine, and cut out with a spellbinders ribbon tag trio die, in place of ribbon, I again used the gold metallic thread to attach the sentiment to the card.

Thanks for looking and I would love to hear any of your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments brighten my day.