Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Faux Pressed Flowers

This card is for two different challenges, see this week’s sketch challenge at Stamp TV here, and this week's challenge at Use It Tuesdays here.


I decided to try the Faux Pressed Flowers technique for my card. The wheelbarrow and sentiment is from a GKD set Funny Farm, stamped on white cardstock with onyx black versafine, then colored with prismacolored pencils and goo gone, for the handle and leg SU markers were used. Tumbled glass distress ink was stippled all over the white, and sponged around the edge of the oval after it was cut out with an oval nestie. The flowers were punched out with a SU flower punch from some scrap paper in some matching colors to the dp, glued in place and then run through the cuttlebug with a houndstooth ef. The dp is from my scrap pile, layered onto purple with a green card base. After the card was put together, I dabbed glue on some of the flower centers and added Flowersoft from the pastel and rainbow sets. Thanks for looking and I would love to hear your comments.

3 comments:

  1. That is so pretty! I love your patterned paper choices! Thanks so much for playing in our first challenge at Use It Tuesday! I hope you play again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Just found your blog tonight love it and your tutorial with the punch.
    Do you have email sign up so I can get email updates from you.
    My email is bjperr2@gmail.com
    Thanks
    Jocelan

    ReplyDelete

Comments brighten my day.