Thursday, February 3, 2011

Mom's Spit

I guess I have completely lost my mind!! My dh left this morning for the other house, to check on things and pick up the mail, so I am home alone with all my toys. I can stamp until my heart’s content, I didn’t have to stop playing for lunch and won’t have to stop playing to make sure supper is on the table……..YEAH!!. Of course I’ll have to stop when I want something to eat, or to run outside and put wood in our outdoor furnace, but I can stay up as long as I please, and not have to worry about being quiet.

For my first home alone project I decided to use a stamp I just had to have  when I saw it. Back in the day, I remember my Mother doing this and that is why I just had to have the stamp. I’m sure there is more than a few of you out there. that has had this done to them by their Mom's too. I bought the stamp back in 2008 and have only used it once before, on the inside of a Mother’s Day card, so with my warped sense of humor, I just love funny cards, decided to use it for the Stamp TV color challenge. It wasn’t until it was completely finished, and I was ready to take a picture of it, that I realized I had not only used the color challenge, but had done this week’s sketch challenge as well.  I guess between my stamping addiction and being home alone it’s really getting to me. Since I was thinking color challenge in the beginning, color challenge is just what it will be.


The stamp is from American Art Stamps called With Your Spit, I just checked, and they still carry it. It was stamped on white cardstock with onyx black versafine, cut out, and embossed with oval nesties. It really needed something else to fill in the spaces, so I stamped some of the flowers from Purrr-fectly Delightful, colored them with a plain red gel pen (not metallic) and watercolor brush, cut them out and glued them to the oval. I was also thinking about doing that new technique for pressed flowers, but changed my mind since I had embossed the oval. The black layer behind was cut with a nestie scalloped oval, they were placed on dp from my scrap pile, behind the dp is a black layer and the base card is white. I stamped the sentiment from a SU stamp set Teeny Tiny Wishes in onyx black versafine, and cut it out with a fancy tag die, then decided to run the red ink pen around the edge before removing die. After that, I went back and ran a red ring inside the oval, skipping where I had glued the bottom flower. The tag is attached with two black mini brads. The ribbon is some kind of wrapping paper ribbon. Thanks for stopping by and please be sure to leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments brighten my day.